Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sightseeing

Nani is here visiting and we've been out and about seeing the sights. First up, of course, we spent the weekend in Woodbridge at the boat.  Alex was very disappointed that we didn't get to take the boat out into the river, but alas the tides were not with us and his crew was not as willing to sail on a cloudy, overcast day as he was hoping for so we spent some time in the pubs, saw a movie, sailed the remote control boat and met a few more nice people in the marina.


Monday was a bank holiday so we spent the day in Cambridge. It was a gorgeous day, and it was SOOOOO crowded with tourists it felt like visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando, only all the buildings actually were centuries old.  There were so many people taking pictures  with giant cameras that  I almost felt embarrassed by my small camera lens, I just snapped a few and put may camera away, I didn't want to feel so cliche.  It is an amazing city though, I plan to go back on a weekday, maybe when it is drizzling a little bit and take my time to see al the buildings properly. We popped in the Fitzwilliam Museum for a bit, I think the last picture says it all.




Tomorrow we will drive to Hastings to visit Alex's sister and spend the weekend. I'm excited to see another part of England and I'll be back on Monday with some pictures from that trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love comments!